Medicare Insurance Made Simple
Helping you put together your Medicare puzzle
Over the years, we’ve assisted thousands of people with their Medicare planning, from advice surrounding when and how to apply for Medicare, to helping select the right plan based on their specific needs.
Licensed With the Top Carriers
We shop dozens of the top insurance companies so you don’t have to.
Why Medicare Benefits Group?
Our service is free. We work for you, not the insurance companies. We do all the paperwork, ensure your doctors are in network, and review your account every year to determine if your plan needs to be adjusted based on medical changes or if we can find you additional savings.
Independent One-Stop Shop
Custom Prescription Drug Lookup
How Original Medicare Works
- People who are age 65 or older
- Certain younger people with disabilities
- People with End-Stage Renal Disease (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a transplant, sometimes called ESRD).
There are two different parts of Original Medicare that help cover specific services which are referred to as Part A and Part B. For a summary of premiums, deductibles, coinsurance, and other costs associated to Part A and Part B Click here.
- Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) – In general, think of this like ‘room and board’ when you’re in the hospital. This is an entitlement benefit, meaning most people are entitled to their Part A at age 65 because they have paid into Social Security and Medicare as part of their income taxes every year and therefore are entitled to Part A premium-free. The deductibles, coinsurance, and out-of-pocket costs within Part A can quickly add up. Learn more
- Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) – Most people associate Medicare coverage with Part B because this is the major medical, or ‘doctoring,’ part. This includes services such as doctor visits, labs, x-rays, CT’s, surgeon fees, physical therapy, and everything in between. In 2023, most people will pay a monthly premium of $164.90 for Part B, a decrease from the $170.10 in 2022 (higher income earners will pay more due to an Income Related Monthly Adjustment Amount, or IRMAA); this deducts automatically out of a beneficiary’s Social Security income, or if the SSI is deferred, the Social Security Administration will mail a bill (usually quarterly). This premium gives the Medicare beneficiary 80/20 major medical coverage: Medicare pays 80% of major medical costs, leaving the Medicare beneficiary responsible for the other 20%, with no maximum out of pocket. Learn more
To avoid these potential significant expenses that are within Parts A and B of Original Medicare, we have all the plans that go above and beyond just keeping Original Medicare by itself.
For more information on Medicare visit Medicare.gov.
It is becoming more common for people to work past the age of 65 and keep employer health benefits. This may or may not be a good idea as it all depends on how much it costs as well as how good or bad the coverage is. Medicare.gov provides some good information about employer coverage here, however we recommend calling us with your specific situation at (734) 657-4797 so we can advise you accordingly. You can also request a free quote here.
We offer a variety of insurance plans for your needs and budget.
Medicare Advantage Plan / Part C
These plans provide all of your Part A and Part B benefits, which include hospital and medical coverage. Most Advantage plans include Part D Prescription Drug coverage and usually include some additional benefits such as dental or vision not covered by Original Medicare.
There are only two types of Medicare insurance plans and many insurance companies carry both. This confusion caused by this usually results in enrollment into the wrong plan. At Medicare Benefits Group our agents thoroughly explain the differences in these two plan types to ensure you enroll in the one that is right for you.
For a detailed comparison of these two plans, download the information sheet below.