HELPING YOU PUT TOGETHER YOUR MEDICARE PUZZLE
MBG IS AN INSURANCE BROKER AND IS NOT ASSOCIATED, ENDORSED, OR AUTHORIZED BY THE SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION, THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES, OR THE CENTER FOR MEDICARE AND MEDICAID SERVICES (CMS)
Hello, health aficionados! 🌟 Ever felt like you’re walking a tightrope between Medicare and hospital bills? If you’ve got a Medigap policy in your pocket and wonder how it dances with our hospital’s billing, you’re about to waltz into clarity. Let’s hit the dance floor! 💃🕺
Medigap: A Quick Refresher 📚
Medigap, aptly named, is designed to “bridge the gap” in Original Medicare coverage. These supplemental insurance policies help cover some or all of the out-of-pocket costs that Medicare doesn’t cover, like co-insurances, deductibles, and more. 🌉💰
Medigap and Our Hospital: The Perfect Pair 💑
1. Automatic Coordination 🤖: Once Medicare pays its share of the approved amount for your hospital services, they send the claim to your Medigap insurance company. It’s a seamless handoff, ensuring you’re covered without lifting a finger.
2. The 80-20 Dance 🎶: Think of Medicare and Medigap as dance partners. Medicare often covers 80% of your hospital bill, and if your Medigap policy covers the remaining 20%, it gracefully steps in to complete the dance.
3. Direct Billing 📝: Our hospital’s billing department is well-acquainted with Medigap policies. In most cases, we’ll bill your Medigap insurance directly after Medicare has paid its share, ensuring a smooth process for you.
Tips for a Harmonious Medigap Experience 🌈
1. Stay Informed 🧠: Regularly review your Medigap policy to understand what’s covered. This helps set clear expectations when dealing with hospital bills.
2. Open Communication 🗣️: If you’re unsure about a specific charge or how your Medigap policy will cover it, chat with our billing department. We’re here to help!
3. Keep Records 📁: Always save copies of your medical bills, Explanation of Benefits (EOB), and any communications related to your Medigap coverage. It’s good to have a paper trail.
Navigating hospital billing with Medigap by your side is like having a trusty dance partner. With the right steps and open communication, you can ensure a harmonious experience, free from unexpected financial surprises.
Got more questions about Medigap, hospital billing, or how they work in tandem? Drop them in the comments below or reach out to us. We’re here to guide you through the dance of healthcare billing. Here’s to health, harmony, and peace of mind! 🌟
MBG IS AN INSURANCE BROKER AND IS NOT ASSOCIATED, ENDORSED, OR AUTHORIZED BY THE SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION, THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES, OR THE CENTER FOR MEDICARE AND MEDICAID